Our Insights blog goes deeper into hot topics and critical world issues. Looking for more? Learn about how we integrate data and expert visualization services with our intelligent tools, custom situation rooms, and enterprise data portals.
Statistics Botswana is a parastatal organization charged with responsibilities of collecting and disseminating all official statistics in Botswana. The autonomy of the organisation was realised under the Statistics Act of 2009, repealing the archaic 1967 Act, under which Central Statistics Office was formed.
Mandate of Statistics Botswana
• Collection, processing, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistics in all sectors.
• Advise government and other key agencies on policies and procedures relating to statistics.
• Develop and promote use of standards.
• Conduct statutory surveys including population and household census.
• Develop and maintain a national database to facilitate statistical analysis.
• Coordinate the National Statistical System (NSS).
Population figures are required for planning in every sector of a population. Outside the census year, census figures do not adequately meet planning needs for future population figures. The purpose of this table is therefore to project the population of Botswana at national, and district level. Populations of urban and rural areas are also projected. To meet the requirement of generating projections by using different variants/scenarios a re-analysis/re-adjustment and estimation of fertility and mortality was carried out on both the 2001 and 2011 Censuses to enable the development of appropriate assumptions for the projections.
Knoema est la source la plus complète de données décisionnelles mondiales au monde. Nos outils permettent aux individus et aux organisations d'explorer, de visualiser, de modéliser et de présenter leurs données et les données sur le monde afin de faciliter de meilleures décisions et de meilleurs résultats.